[Corpora-List] Irish language corpora

Mike Maxwell maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 24 21:31:07 UTC 2006

fitzgerr at aston.ac.uk wrote:
> I am looking for a corpus of Irish language for some research, but all I
> seem to be able to find are corpora based on literary texts, predominantly
> dated from before the 20th Century.  For my research purposes, I need a
> corpus that contains terminology that is as contemporary as possible.

I presume you've looked at the NCI (Nation Corpus for Ireland), and that
it doesn't meet your needs.

Have you looked at Keven Scannel's collection
(http://borel.slu.edu/crubadan/index.html)?  Looks like he has a 25M
word corpus of Irish, which I believe he collected entirely off the web.
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu