[Corpora-List] Dictionaries/Lexical Databases

Martin Wynne martin.wynne at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 10:13:15 UTC 2006

There is a computer-usable version of the Oxford Advanced Learners'
Dictionary in the
Arts and Humanities Data Service (AHDS) collection, freely available at:

http://www.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/collection.htm?uri=lll-2469-1

This was created and deposited by Jennifer Pedlar of Birkbeck Colloege,
London, and is an updated and improved version of the dictionary made
available by Roger Mitton many years ago. It contains 72,060 Ascii
ordered English words, each with the following information: spelling,
capitalisation, pronunciation, POS tags, word frequency and syllable
count. Usefully, the wordlist contains inflected forms for all words.

Martin

--
Martin Wynne
Head of the Oxford Text Archive and