[Corpora-List] Invitation to join the BAAL Corpus Linguistics SIG

Fiona Barker Barker.F at cambridgeesol.org
Mon Sep 4 09:23:42 UTC 2006

[Apologies for cross-posting]
Dear All

You are invited to join the BAAL Corpus Linguistics Special Interest
Group. This is a group set up within BAAL (British Association for
Applied Linguistics) in 2003 by applied linguists with a special
interest in the uses of corpora and of corpus methodologies within
applied linguistic research. The Corpus Linguistics SIG holds at least
two meetings/events per year and we also have a discussion list and
dedicated webpages.

BAAL 2006: The Corpus Linguistics SIG Committee extends a warm welcome
to both existing and new members to the SIG meeting in Cork on Friday 8
Sept. There will also be a Corpus Linguistics SIG strand (Thursday
afternoon) and other corpus-informed papers throughout the conference.
See http://www.baal.org.uk/conf2006/index.htm for further details of
BAAL 2006.

Events: We held a one-day seminar at the Open University in Milton
Keynes at the end of April on 'Text analysis using corpora -
methodological issues' - see http://corpus-sig-baal.org.uk/ou_sem06.htm

Discussion list: This helps SIG members to share relevant information
and to keep in contact. Once you are a member, you can join the list at:

Webpages: We are developing our SIG webpages at
http://corpus-sig-baal.org.uk/index.htm and would welcome any
suggestions for corpus resources to add to our links page.

If you are already a member of BAAL and would like to join the Corpus
Linguistics SIG, please contact p.a.thompson at reading.ac.uk
If you would like to join BAAL, please visit
http://www.baal.org.uk/join.htm

We look forward to welcoming you in Cork, or online.

Regards
Fiona Barker
Communications Secretary
Corpus Linguistics SIG

barker.f at cambridgeesol.org

If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication and its attachments in error, please return the original message and attachments to the sender using the reply facility on e-mail.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore Cambridge Assessment (the brand name for the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, the constituent elements of which are CIE, ESOL and OCR) does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cambridge Assessment unless otherwise specifically stated.
The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be guaranteed.