[Corpora-List] Microsoft patents verb conjugations

Alexandr Rosen Alexandr.Rosen at ff.cuni.cz
Thu Sep 7 10:47:06 UTC 2006

Am I right in assuming that the patent claims apply to ANY language? English and
Spanish are mentioned as examples in DETAILED DESCRIPTION, in a part describing
"one embodiment" of the system, but I think there is no specific language
mentioned in the Claims part.

I find it hard to believe that this is not a joke...

Alexandr

> On 07/09/06, John F. Sowa <sowa at bestweb.net> wrote:
> > If anybody has been deriving the infinitive of a verb
> > from a finite form, you may be violating a recent patent
> > application by Microsoft.  (However, I suspect that there
> > may be prior art that had been published earlier.)
> >
> > Following is the title, abstract, and URL.
> >
> > John Sowa
> >
> > Source: http://tinyurl.com/e5g7y
> >
> > United States Patent Application 20060195313
> >
> > Voetberg; Eric J.; et al.  August 31, 2006
> >
> > Method and system for selecting and conjugating a verb

Alexandr Rosen

Institute of Theoretical and Computational Linguistics
Faculty of Philosophy and Arts, Charles University, Prague

address: UTKL FF UK, Celetna 13, CZ 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
tel.: +420-221619752, e-mail: alexandr.rosen at ff.cuni.cz
http://utkl.ff.cuni.cz/~rosen/