Fw: [Corpora-List] Microsoft patents verb conjugations

Marko Tadic marko.tadic at ffzg.hr
Thu Sep 7 11:38:30 UTC 2006

Martin, I am afraid that won't be sufficient. In the patent application
Microsoft is trying to cover both directions infinitive -> word-form AND
word-form -> infinitive.
Looks like Big Brother some 20 year after.
BTW: Croatian Lemmatization Server (http://hml.ffzg.hr) is doing exactly
this two-way substitution on individual words and/or uploaded files since
2003. Should we, as speakers of inflectionally rich languages, be
particularly afraid?
Marko Tadic