[Corpora-List] Microsoft patents verb conjugations

Alexandre Rafalovitch arafalov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:43:47 UTC 2006

Well,

Half of the claims are already implemented by http://www.verb2verbe.com/
Good part of others is done at http://www.wordreference.com/

The only major claim left is the cross-translation from the base
language into the target language before conjugation. This could be
interesting as part of language learning, but calling it patent worthy
is stretching it a lot.

The rest is frilly bits like highlighting the hits.

Basically, it seems that some researchers did a nice prototype of
language learning application and MS HQ became interested enough in it
to plonk money down for (a mere conjecture) a possible product and -
as a protection - for the patent on techniques the prototype used or
plans to use.

Regards,
   Alex.