[Corpora-List] List of physical characteristics

Vorontsov Alexander vorontsov at inmax.info
Tue Sep 12 13:05:21 UTC 2006

Dear all!

I am looking for a extensive list of physical characteristics and
properties of objects, devices and processes (for example:
"conductivity","length","temperature"). I would be also happy to receive
any pointers to the materials describing techniques for automated
extraction of such notions.

Among the things I have already found is:
 - "caracterictics" branch of WordNet
 - extraction of words with characteristics-like suffixes from the
dictionary
 - use of locale semantic patterns, ex:
	smth. has <characteristic> of number + measure
	<characteristic> of smth. is number + measure

Kindest regards,
Alexander Vorontsov