[Corpora-List] Job: Computational Linguist at InQuira, Inc.

Gann Bierner jobs-5002 at inquira.com
Wed Sep 27 17:22:03 UTC 2006

                                                 InQuira, Inc.
                                                 San Bruno, CA

NLP system seeks Computational Linguist for long-term relationship.

I am intelligent and well-built but still young with much potential
for growth.  I can't do it alone and need you to help me take that
step to the next level.  I'm sensitive and understanding and can
converse knowledgeably on a wide variety of subjects in many
languages.  I love to travel and have been employed all over the
world.

I like intellectual types and higher education turns me on; but to be
my partner you also need to be a hands-on sort of person, someone who
is willing to get to know me inside and out.  I'm a coffee addict, so
you will also need some serious Java experience to keep me happy.  If
you can sweet talk me in more than one language, that's a big plus.

Please tell me about yourself by emailing jobs-5002 at inquira.com.

=========

In all seriousness, if you have excellent programming skills with a
background in Computational Linguistics, InQuira wants to hire you to
work on our core NLP system and interface with our language team.
Some specifics of what we are looking for:

- 2+ years of professional Java experience (serious work in a
  large-scale research project may be OK too)

- An advanced degree in Computational Linguistics or related field

- A deep appreciation of language issues (including cross-lingual)

- Some background in machine learning and statistical methods

InQuira was formed in 2002 as a merger between two top-notch natural
language search companies.  We are now the industry leader in
intelligent search and knowledge management solutions.  You can find
out more about us at http://www.inquira.com.

If you are interested in working with us, please email your resume to
jobs-5002 at inquira.com.