[Corpora-List] Dependency Parser for English

Joakim Nivre nivre at msi.vxu.se
Fri Apr 13 08:53:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

Here are a few options you might consider:

1. MINIPAR

Available from http://www.cs.ualbert.ca/~lindek/minipar.htm but not with
source code (as far as I know).

2. MSTParser

Available as open source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mstparser
but you have to train a parser for English yourself, e.g., by using the
Penn Treebank converted to dependency structures.

3. MaltParser

Available from http://w3.msi.vxu.se/users/nivre/research/MaltParser.html
but not with source code (yet). (An open source version is under
development and may appear before the summer.) On the other hand, there
are pre-trained models for English that you can download and use, so no
need to train a parser yourself.

Best,
Joakim Nivre

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Wanxiang Che wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could you please tell me where can I download a dependency parser for
> English? It's better to provide source code or lib to be used by other
> programs. Any programming languages are welcome!
>
> Thanks for your help in advance!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> --
> -Wanxiang

Joakim Nivre

Växjö University		Uppsala University
School of Mathematics		Department of Linguistics
and Systems Engineering		and Philology
SE-35195 Växjö			Box 635, SE-75126 Uppsala

Tel: +46 470 708992		Tel: +46 18 4717009
Fax: +46 470 84004		Fax: +46 18 4711094
E-mail: nivre at msi.vxu.se	E-mail: joakim.nivre at lingfil.uu.se