[Corpora-List] Aston Corpus Symposium - FINAL CALL

Iztok Kosem kosemi at aston.ac.uk
Sat Apr 14 11:36:15 UTC 2007

FINAL CALL

ASTON CORPUS SYMPOSIUM, Friday 4th May 2007 10am-5pm

Aston University, Birmingham, UK
School of Languages and Social Sciences
ISLS - Institute for the Study of Language and Society

There are now only a very few places left. The deadline for registration is Friday, April 20th, 2007. We cannot guarantee a
place for registration forms received after this date.

More information can be found on the Symposium website: http://corpus.aston.ac.uk/symposium.html. Please email Iztok Kosem
(kosemi at aston.ac.uk) if you have any further queries about the event.

The programme will consist of presentations by the following distinguished speakers:

(John Sinclair was to have been a speaker at the Symposium; after the sad news of his passing on March 13th, we will instead be
organising a suitable tribute to his major contribution to corpus linguistics)

*        Bill Dodd (University of Birmingham)
*        Patrick Hanks (Masaryk University)
*        Michael Hoey (University of Liverpool)
*        Susan Hunston (University of Birmingham)
*        Ramesh Krishnamurthy (Aston University)
*        Bill Louw (University of Zimbabwe)
*        Tony McEnery (Lancaster University)
*        Mike Scott (University of Liverpool)
*        Wolfgang Teubert (University of Birmingham)