[Corpora-List] Spanish Segmenter and Lemmatizer

Jeff Elmore jelmore at lexile.com
Wed Apr 18 17:06:11 UTC 2007

I'm looking for a Spanish sentence segmenter and lemmatizer.  I
understand that FreeLing offers these features and I'm currently
evaluating it; is FreeLing considered one of the best tools for this
kind of thing?

Also, I'd really like to get a small corpus of sentence-segmented
Spanish text to evaluate the accuracy of any segmenter we might
investigate or create ourselves.

Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Jeff Elmore

Software Engineer

MetaMetrics, Inc. Developer of the Lexile Framework

1000 Park Forty Plaza Drive

Suite 120

Durham, N.C. 27713

Voice: (919) 547-3409, Fax: (919) 547-3401

http://www.lexile.com <http://www.lexile.com>

2007 Lexile National Reading Conference

"Reading Beyond the Classroom"

June 18-20 * Lake Buena Vista, FL