[Corpora-List] word frequency lists for Dutch children's texts

Rogier kraf at orange.nl
Thu Dec 20 19:03:30 UTC 2007

Dear Corpora List Members,

For a master thesis project at Utrecht University I'm looking to make a
classifier that assigns readability scores to texts using a wide range
of features. Some of these features will be simple in nature and based
on word frequencies. Since I will be training my system on a small set
of Dutch texts meant for children in the ages 8-12, I am urgently
looking for:

*** A frequency dictionary of Dutch extracted from texts written for
children between ages 8-12

OR:

*** A sizeable corpus of Dutch texts targeted at children between ages
8-12 so I can extract these frequencies myself

I have no idea if these things exist, if anyone knows if they do please
let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Rogier Kraf