[Corpora-List] Call for Participation-Semantic SimilarityExperiment

Ted Pedersen tpederse at d.umn.edu
Fri Jul 20 15:32:48 UTC 2007

Greetings all,

In addition to the work already mentioned on verb similarity, there is
some earlier work that is quite good on the same topic. It includes I
believe 30 verb pairs in the final analysis, and there is quite a bit
of discussion about how the human ratings were collected, etc. I can't
say if the human ratings are available or not, but this paper is
surely required reading if you love verb similarity. :)

Resnik, Philip and Mona Diab, Measuring Verb Similarity, Cognitive
Science Society (CogSci2000), 2000.
http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~mdiab/papers/RES-DIA.PDF

I don't *think* the 30 verb pairs above are included in the 130 verb
pairs below, if not, that makes 160. :)

Enjoy,
Ted

On 7/20/07, Torsten Zesch <zesch at tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> > Apart from the 65 noun pairs from RG, there are other 130 verb pairs
> > available from YP specially designed for verb similarity task.
> > (http://nlpweb.kaist.ac.kr/gwc/pdf2006/2.pdf, Dongqiang yang
> > and David
> > Powers).
>
> The paper mentioned above contains only the verb pairs, but not the
> human ratings of the pairs.
> Are these ratings also publicly available?
>
> Best,
> Torsten

Ted Pedersen
http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse