[Corpora-List] are there any more parametrical tests to compare two series?

Juliana Tambovtseva jultamb at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 11 17:58:53 UTC 2007

Dear Corpora members, my name is Juliana. I am a linguist. May I ask you to advise me what parametrical tests to use to compare two series of numbers. I know only Chi-square test and Student test. The latter compares two means of these two series, of course. Non-parametric tests are no good, I think. Usually, I compare two texts of two writers by some features, e.g. gerund, participle-1, etc. Looking forward to hearing your advice to yutamb at mail.ru Yours sincerely Juliana Tambovtseva