[Corpora-List] user needs in corpus querying environments

Lyding Verena Verena.Lyding at eurac.edu
Thu Jun 14 22:09:16 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I am starting a PhD project on the evaluation of user needs when working with corpora. My aim is to understand (1) what strategies are followed by researchers employing corpora in their studies and (2) in which way these strategies would best be supported by corpus querying facilities.

Does anybody know of people working on related subjects and literature on related work? Such as:
- documentation on user needs and/or evaluations of existing tools
- methodological guidelines on how to work with corpora (not on corpus design and creation, but on corpus querying and evaluation of results)

I also would very much welcome responses from researchers who might (at a later stage) be open to providing personal experiences, thus contributing to the question from the users perspective.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Verena

Verena Lyding
Institut für Fachkommunikation und Mehrsprachigkeit
EURAC research
Viale Druso/Drususallee 1
39100 Bolzano/Bozen
Italy