[Corpora-List] Frequencies of words in English given a certain domain

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Fri Mar 2 01:55:59 UTC 2007

Mario,

At http://view.byu.edu (BNC; 100 million words), you can select any of
70+ registers/genres, and then get a frequency listing for that genre.
Just enter "*" (without quotation marks) for a general frequency listing
for the selected register, "[nn1]" for singular nouns in that register,
etc.

You can also easily compare word frequency in one register (or set of
registers) against another, e.g. sermons vs. spoken, tabloids vs.
broadsheet, medical vs. academic, etc.

Best,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of (Corpus) Linguistics
Brigham Young University
(phone) 801-422-9168 / (fax) 801-422-0906
Web: davies-linguistics.byu.edu

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **