[Corpora-List] Corpus of translated material

Ralf Steinberger ralf.steinberger at jrc.it
Fri Mar 2 08:34:04 UTC 2007

Dear Noemie,

For the JRC-Acquis multilingual parallel corpus with alignments (sentence or
paragraph) in all language combinations for the languages Czech, Danish,
German, Greek, English, Spanish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Hungarian,
Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Maltese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian,
Slovak, Slovene and Swedish (190 language pair combinations), see
http://langtech.jrc.it/JRC-Acquis.html. It is freely available for research
purposes. Unfortunately, we do not know the source language of the
translations, but we are told that most of the time it is English or French.

I hope this is useful for your work.

With kind regards,

Ralf

Ralf Steinberger ( <mailto:Ralf.Steinberger at jrc.it> Ralf.Steinberger at jrc.it)

European Commission - Joint Research Centre (JRC)
IPSC - SeS - Language Technology ( <http://langtech.jrc.it/>
http://langtech.jrc.it,  <http://press.jrc.it/NewsExplorer/>
http://press.jrc.it/NewsExplorer)