[Corpora-List] Typology of Internet textual genres

Thu Nov 15 14:30:47 UTC 2007

Dear Ana Rita,

are you interested in manual genre classification or automatic genre
classification? Are you looking for selection and annotation criteria to be
used for corpus creation and annotation, or are you interested in existing
genre collections?

Some web page collections annotated by genre are available from my home page
at Brighton (http://www.itri.brighton.ac.uk/~Marina.Santini/). For
additional collections, contact Serge Sharoff, Andrea Stubbe and Vedrana
Vidulin. Cornelius Pushmann (all in English), Mirko Tavosanis (Italian
blogs), Georg Rehm (German academic home pages), Alexandr Mehler (German and
Engligh), Pavel Brawslaki (Russian),  etc.

Mind! All existing genre annotated collections have been built with
different annotation schemes and different genre palettes.

It would be interesting to have a genre collection containing Portuguese web
documents...

Best wishes

Marina