[Corpora-List] Tools for manual control of corpus annotation

Stefania Spina stefania.spina at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:07:18 UTC 2007

Hello,
you can try Posedit, a tool developped at the University for
Foreigners Perugia to assist the manual editing of pos-tagged corpora.
It is written in Perl and it is tested on Windows. It's not open
source, but it's free, under a Creative Commons llicense.
You can download it here:
http://elearning.unistrapg.it/corpora/posedit.html
Cheers,
Stefania Spina

2007/11/20, Emiliano Guevara <emiliano.guevara at unibo.it>:
> Dear Corpora list-ers,
>
> I have to manually check a tagged corpus (I'm using TreeTagger). In
> the past I have done this by using a simple text editor to open the
> corpus files, but this was a rather tedious and monotonous task...
>
> Since I'm planning to check a considerable amount of text (maybe 1 or
> 2 million words), I was wondering if you have tips or if you can
> recommend any software package that makes the job easier to cope with.
>
> The corpus is in plain text, column format (word....pos....lemma
> \newline).
> The ideal tool would be open source, compatible with UNIX-like
> systems (Linux, Mac OS X).
>
> many thanks in advance,
>
> cheers

> Emiliano R. Guevara
> Facoltà di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
> Dip. di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
> Università di Bologna
> Via Cartoleria 5 (40124) Bologna, Italia
>
> Homepage: http://morbo.lingue.unibo.it/
>
> E-mail:   emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
>            emiguevara at gmail.com

Stefania Spina