[Corpora-List] GENIA and GENETAG

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:25:06 UTC 2007

Maggie,

By ATR, do you mean automatic term recognition?  If so, then yes, both of
these could be good data sets for your research.  They differ considerably
in terms of the number of semantic types and the complexity of the ontology
(which is explicit in GENIA and implicit in GENETAG) that underlies each.
You might also be interested in the MEDSTRACT corpus, which is also
annotated with respect to a larger set of semantic types than "just" genes.

Kevin

On 10/12/07, zxing2 <zxing2 at student.cityu.edu.hk> wrote:

> Dear Members,
>
> Do you know if GENIA or GENETAG is suitable for linguistics students to do
> ATR research because gene identification seems belonging to bioinformatics.
> Am I right? I intend to do ATR research and want to find a suitable corpus
> to do experiment. Could you give me some suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Maggie Cheng

K. B. Cohen
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead
Center for Computational Pharmacology
303-724-7563 (office) 303-916-2417 (cell) 303-377-9194 (home)
http://compbio.uchsc.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen