[Corpora-List] Help with LDC-Arabic News Translation Text

Magdi Kandil eslmak at langate.gsu.edu
Tue Oct 23 11:03:34 UTC 2007

Dear list members,

I am trying to use the Arabic News Translation Text Part 1 produced by LDC in order to extract translation for some Arabic words and phrases and am looking for an efficient way to access the date in the source and the translation files.  In other words, I have a list of Arabic words and phrases I am intersted in seeing how they are professionally translated into English and I am looking for an automated way to check that they exist in the source files and to access their translation in the aligned translated files.

Thanks so much for your help,

Magdi

eslmak at langate.gsu.edu