[Corpora-List] implicit negation

Scott Crossley sacrossley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:54:25 UTC 2007

Check out LIWC.

www.liwc.net

Although it appears they forgot to pay their account. You can check out the
manual here.

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/Faculty/Pennebaker/Reprints/LIWC2001
.pdf

Or you can look up Pennebaker's website and see the publication list for
LIWC.

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/Faculty/Pennebaker/Home2000/JWPhome.
htm

There are a few indices of negative emotions in it. Below is a brief example

Negative Emotions Negemo hate, worthless, enemy Anxiety or fear Anx nervous,
afraid, tense Anger Anger hate, kill, pissed Sadness or depression Sad
grief, cry, sad

Hope that helps

Scott Crossley, Ph.D.
Linguistics/TESOL