[Corpora-List] Sentence Splitter tool

Daniel Zeman zeman at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Oct 29 10:27:36 UTC 2007

There was something trainable, maximum-entropy based by (I think) Adwait
Ratnaparkhi. Not sure about the name of the tool but MAXENT was somehow
there. Anyway, when I was looking for it a year ago, I found plenty
references but no actual package to download - not sure whether it was
freely available at all.

If the tool is not trained on sentence-annotated data, it is a
language-dependent task (because you need to know the list of possible
abbreviations that could place a period before a capital letter, without
that being a sentence boundary). What language do you need it for?

Dan