[Corpora-List] Second HAREM: call for intention to participate

Santos Diana Diana.Santos at sintef.no
Wed Oct 31 22:30:05 UTC 2007

Second HAREM: call for intention to participate

Linguateca is organizing the second venue of HAREM, an evaluation
contest for named entity recognition in Portuguese. After the large
participation in the First HAREM, which involved participants also from
3 non-Portuguese speaking countries, we were advised to publicize its
next edition also fully internationally. We will therefore maintain a
parallel site in English if there is interest (and participants who do
not master Portuguese).

The First HAREM had several original features, which have been described
in many publications. However, we are open to new ways of doing NER
evaluation if the participants feel that need, and welcome all sorts of
suggestions and specific fields of interest by newcomers. We ask those
interested in participating to register at www.linguateca.pt/HAREM/ also
expressing their special interests and the kind of system they have.

Our tentative schedule is:

Until 10th November: registering as prospective participant

Until 30th November: general discussion about how the Second HAREM will
be

January 2008: final guidelines available, together with the evaluation
architecture

March 2008: evaluation contest takes place Results will be made
available in good time before

September 2008: HAREM workshop as satellite of PROPOR 2008

For the organization of the Second HAREM,

Diana Santos