[Corpora-List] help-wordnet

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Sep 1 13:54:00 UTC 2007

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, DIMITRIOS PAPADOPOULOS wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I searching for information concerning wordnet so as to try and create a
> greek version, can anybody help?

Before you embark on developing your own Greek version of Wordnet,
I suggest you look at the Balkanet project

http://www.ceid.upatras.gr/Balkanet/index.htm

... whcih included Greek:

Grigoriadou M., Kornilakis H., Galiotou E., Stamou S., and Papakitsos E.
(2004).The Software Infrastructure for the Development and Validation of
the Greek Wordnet. in Romanian Journal of Information Science and
Technology Special Issue, volume 7, No. 1-2. pp89-105
http://www.ceid.upatras.gr/Balkanet/journal/11_Greek.pdf

Eric Atwell, Leeds University