[Corpora-List] Codes of Chinese half-characters

Dan Cristea dcristea at info.uaic.ro
Sat Sep 8 12:46:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

Most of the Chinese characters are composed of two elements: one of a phonetic nature (it is pronounced) and the other - of a semantic nature (it is not pronounced). Certainly, Chinese characters are Unicoded.

I wonder whether somebody has an electronic list of there component elements but, more important, how could one recongise the semantic component of a character in (electronical) written Chinese.

More exactly, I would like to have a table of the following kind:

Unicode of a Chinese character | code for its semantic ghaphical element | code for its phonetic graphical element (this last one could even be missing)

Thanks, regards,
Dan

------
Prof. dr. Dan Cristea
Department of Computer Science
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi - Romania