[Corpora-List] corpus linguistics

Antoinette Renouf Antoinette.Renouf at uce.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 13:09:17 UTC 2007

Dear List members,
Corpora-list was set up by ICAME (International Computer Archive of
Modern and Mediaeval English) to impart information and discuss matters
of relevance to the field. We have been receiving complaints that
Corpora-list has recently been dominated by 3 or 4 people talking about
topics having little to do with corpus linguistics. Far be it from me to
spoil the fun or stifle debate, but we are all anyway swamped with
information beyond our capacity to process, so please do restrict your
comments to issues of more central relevance to the particular list
community, and/or consider whether private emails might be a more
appropriate mechanism for continuing debate once you have found a
conversation partner.
All good wishes
Antoinette Renouf
Chair of ICAME