[Corpora-List] Different discussions on Corpora list are most interesting

Juliana Tambovtseva jultamb at yandex.ru
Fri Sep 14 16:06:37 UTC 2007

ПраздникDear Prof.Antoinette Renouf, we wonder if we may express our opinion- different discussions on Corpora List are the most interesting thing. If some Corpora list have their questions, they can ask their questions. John Sawa, Yorick Wilks and other active members on your list seem to have eough time and energy to asnswer other people's questions. Thus, they answered our question: what language should be considered artificial and what natural. We completely disagreed to what they wrote, but their answers gave us some stimulation and insight.  When we do not want to read their discussion, we just delete their messages, no problem in that. If you are a real democrat, you should allow people to discuss broader topis. It is easier to shut people up, than to organise an interesting discussion. We do hope that different sorts of discussion shall go on on your Corpora list. We are on your list some three years and we are satisfied with its function. We did not take a part in the discussion, though many memebers of this "silent majority" enjoyed reading their discussion all right. Be well, remain yours most sincerely Yuri, Alina, Ludmila and Juliana Tambovtsev