[Corpora-List] CL projects suitable for a high-schooler?

P Resnik psresnik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:13:36 UTC 2007

I'm having a conversation with a teacher looking for a CL project for a
senior in high school.  Does anyone have experience with projects that would
be suitable for a student at that level?  ("At that level" is pretty vague,
but I think one could assume beginner-to-moderate programming skill, a good
level of energy and incentive, no specific prior background at all in
computational linguistics, and no LDC membership.)

Please reply privately, and I will post a summary of responses to the list
if there's interest.

Thanks!

  Philip