[Corpora-List] seeking corpora of medical records

chris brew cbrew at acm.org
Thu Sep 20 23:31:41 UTC 2007

There's a corpus of anonymised records to do withradiology freely available
at
http://www.computationalmedicine.org/catalog/index.php

This is primarily due to the work of John Pestian and colleagues
in Cincinnati. John did much of the hard work on clearing the anonymization
through the Institutional Review Board.

We (John and collaborators from Colorado, Poland and Ohio State) used it as
the basis for a shared task at BioNLP 07.

The idea is that it should be a resource for ongoing research. I'm
hopeful it will also lead to other people being able to publish similar
things for research use.

Chris