[Corpora-List] Corpora Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

Antoinette Renouf Antoinette.Renouf at bcu.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 13:24:28 UTC 2008

Dear Mark

>>I'm looking for articles or books dealing with very recent shifts in
English, primarily 1990-2008. Any type of >>change would be fine --
lexical, >>semantic, grammatical, etc.

The work carried out in the RDUES unit since 1988 matches your
timeframe. Please see bibliographical references for research into
recent lexical and lexico-semantic change in journalistic text 1989-2007
at http://rdues.uce.ac.uk/bibliog.shtml, relating to the

*     AVIATOR (new words and new word uses)

*     ACRONYM (changing sense relations)

*     APRIL (productivity at hapax level)

*     WebCorp (neology) and

*     WebCorpLSE (neology) projects

Best regards

Antoinette

--------------------------

Antoinette Renouf

Professor of English Language and Linguistics

School of English

Birmingham City University

B42 2SU

tel: +44 (0)121 331 7230