[Corpora-List] unsupervised with semi-supervised

Taras Zagibalov T.Zagibalov at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 19:56:19 UTC 2008

Thank you Ted for your input.
I will summarise all the replies I will (hopefully) get.
As for the first question, I meant that all labelling was done manually.
And the question is if the systems are unsupervised or semi-supervised,
since some definitions state that semi-supervised systems make use of
both labelled and unlabelled data. The confusing part is that although
the amount of labelled data is so different, it doesn't seem to be relevant.
As for question 3. I do realise that rule-based systems are supposed to
be in another paradigm. But this also confuses me, since rules can be
used to produce a set of labelled examples and, as you noted, can be
regarded as a form of supervision.

Regards,
Taras