[Corpora-List] Lectureships in Computer Science (including NLP). Note short closing date!

Mark Stevenson M.Stevenson at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sat Aug 23 11:12:18 UTC 2008

Apologies for any duplicate postings. Please pass this on to anyone
who might be interested.

Lectureships - 2 Posts

Department of Computer Science
University of Sheffield

Applications are invited for two lectureships within the Department of
Computer Science. The successful applicants will join one of the
department’s research groups: Verification and Testing, Natural
Language Processing, Machine Learning, Speech and Hearing,
Computational Systems Biology or Creative Interaction and Media Lab
(graphics, robotics and virtual reality). The motivation for much of
our work is to use computation as a metaphor for understanding systems
of all kinds, including living and cognitive systems. This vision
leads to a research profile that is unusual for the UK and gives us
particular strengths in multidisciplinary work. Applicants from those
with research interests which combine Machine Learning with one or
more of our other research strengths would be particularly welcome.
The posts are available immediately.

Salary: £34,793 - £41,545 per annum, potential to progress to £46,759

Closing date: 5th September 2008

Further details:  http://www.shef.ac.uk/jobs (Reference no: R06568)