[Corpora-List] use-mention corpus

Shomir Wilson shomir at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 16:36:58 UTC 2008

I am a Computer Science PhD student at the University of Maryland, and I
am working on a research project related to the use-mention distinction
in natural language. I was wondering if anyone knows of an available
tagged corpus in English of use-mention language.

The closest I can find to this is Anderson, Fister, et. al.'s corpus on
metalanguage, but it is not tagged in a manner that separates use ("The
duck crossed the road") from mention ("Duck is a noun").  I have also
tried searching the list archives.

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please reply directly to my email
address (shomir at umd.edu), and I'll recirculate any findings on the list.

Sincerely,

Shomir Wilson