[Corpora-List] Creating audio-visual corpora

Leech, Geoffrey g.leech at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Dec 6 14:33:14 UTC 2008

Paul,

Sorry this reply is a bit late - but have you heard of the Spoken
Chinese Corpus of Situated Discourse collected in Beijing by Yueguo Gu
under the auspices of the Chinese Academy of Social Science? (SCCSD
BJ-500 for short). It has 500 hours of discourse and is the most
ambitious and interesting audio-visual corpus I have come across. You
can find out about it here:
http://ling.cass.cn/dangdai/gu_papers/sampling%20situated%20discourse.pd

Geoff

Geoffrey Leech
Emeritus Professor of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
Lancaster LA1 4YT
UK
g.leech at lancaster.ac.uk