[Corpora-List] obtaining copyright permissions

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:49:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Adam Kilgarriff <adam at lexmasterclass.com> wrote:
> Sounds interesting - can you give me a pointer to read more?
~
 It was an official Pressemitteilung (Nr. 96/03 vom 17.7.2003) des
Bundesgerichtshof: "Internet-Suchdienst für Presseartikel nicht
rechtswidrig"
~
http://juris.bundesgerichtshof.de/cgi-bin/rechtsprechung/document.py?Gericht=bgh&Sort=3&Datum=2003&Art=pm&anz=96&pos=0&nr=26553&id=1058556825.88
~
 http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/20/1451239
~
 and as usual, you could also find other opinions:
~
 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/23/texas_court_bans_deep_linking/
~
 To me corpora present their data (or "information" as some like to
say) in an aggregated form. It is like saying that some people want to
keep their personal data out of statistical or census data and AFAIK
no one has sued google in their rampant digitizing of books
~
 lbrtchx