[Corpora-List] Corpus-based research on social differentiation

Costas Gabrielatos c.gabrielatos at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 13:48:53 UTC 2008

Dear Chris

We are currently investigating the effect of social variables on the use of
the indefinite article in London English through a corpus of transcribed
interviews (we will also be looking at the use of discourse markers), and we
plan to publish the results in the near future. The slides of a recent
presentation at the Lancaster University Corpus Research Group are available
here: http://eprints.lancs.ac.uk/9851/. More information about the project
can be found here: http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/activities/637/ and here:
http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/activities/278/

Regards

Eivind Torgersen, Costas Gabrielatos
Department of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University

  _____