[Corpora-List] need for questions

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 12:55:07 UTC 2008

Dear yakup,

you need to state your problem more clearly.  Is your study a PhD
project, a course-work task on a module, a job your boss has given you,
or what ...?  What do you mean by "analyze their words up to corpus
linguistic"?? (this isn't British English and i don't understand).

I suggest you step back and look at some guidleines for writing
a research plan, eg I recommend this to PhD applicants:

We normally require a research proposal, ideally following the
guidelines at http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric/PhDguidelines.doc
  - and if you want to really impress us, a more detailed proposal following
EPSRC project proposal guidelines for a 3-year research project, see
http://www.epsrc.ac.uk/ResearchFunding/HowToApply/ProposalDocumentation.htm

I hope this helps

Eric Atwell,  Leeds University

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, yakup durmus wrote:

> i have a study about corpus linguistic. i have to prepare
questions to ask foreign english speakers and analyze their words up to
corpus linguistic. what can you suggest me ? what can i ask these
people ?

thanks a lot.

--
Eric Atwell,
  Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,