[Corpora-List] Job Opening at FAST- a Microsoft Subsidiary

Petra Maier-Meyer Petra.Maier-Meyer at fast.no
Tue Jul 8 16:15:06 UTC 2008

Employment Opportunity

FAST, a Microsoft Subsidiary creates the search technology solutions that are behind the scenes at the world's best known companies with the most demanding search problems.

In FAST you are in the center of one of the fastest growing software markets - enterprise search.  FAST is the global leader in this market.

We are passionate about technology. As innovators and pioneers we are introducing our search technology into new products and solutions. We do this together with Microsoft, our parent company, who touches the lives of people all over the world.

Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices throughout the world, FAST is redefining search.

We are looking for passionate and expert colleagues, who combine a deep interest in advanced computing, software engineering and computational linguistics with the ambition to deliver outstanding products and services.

We want to reinforce our team for linguistic development in Munich with:

·         Software Engineers

·         Computational linguists with a strong software engineering background

·         Knowledge engineers/Computational Linguists

Our requirements are:

·         Excellent programming skills (Python, Java, C#, C/C++)

·         Academic background in computer science, artificial intelligence, computational linguistics or related field

·         Interest in natural language processing, information extraction and search technology

·         Interest in modern object oriented design and development, and agile methodology

·         Sound German and English language skills, knowledge of other languages is a plus

You are:

·         An ambitious and creative personality

·         A team player

·         Focused on delivering high quality services and enterprise level software

FAST - a subsidiary of Microsoft is based right in the center of Munich. We are offering a compelling workplace in a multi disciplinary and international team with the unique opportunity to join one of the most visionary, exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world, working with advanced technology and great products that are truly changing and improving the way our customers do business.

Please send your application to Dr. Petra Maier-Meyer (petra.maier-meyer at microsoft.com).

Dr. Petra Maier

Director Product Development, Linguistics

Fast Search and Transfer Deutschland GmbH

A Microsoft® Subsidiary

Rablstraße 26
DE-81669 München, Germany

Office:  +49 89 2388 8663