[Corpora-List] software tool for reference resolution

Yannick Versley versley at sfs.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jul 10 15:51:39 UTC 2008

Amruta,

the following coreference resolution systems are publically available:
* JavaRAP (does only pronouns)
	http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~qiul/NLPTools/JavaRAP.html
* OpenNLP coref (part of the OpenNLP toolkit)
	http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/
* GuiTAR
	used to be at http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/%7Emalexa/GuiTAR/
* BART
	http://www.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/~versley/BART/

To my knowledge, correct resolution of definite NPs such as "the song", "the
artist" is haphazard at best, and none of these systems implements the
Centering algorithm.

Best wishes,
Yannick

> Hi - Can anyone please refer me to a software tool
> available for reference resolution? Hopefully, something
> with a fairly good accuracy and which can resolve both
> pronoun references as well as deterministic phrases like
> "the song", "the artist" etc?
>
> Just wondering, if there is any widely used, easy to run
> and mostly accurate software available for this task? Some
> implementation of Centering algorithm would be ideal.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Amruta

Yannick Versley
Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft, Abt. Computerlinguistik
Wilhelmstr. 19, 72074 Tübingen
Tel.: (07071) 29 77352