[Corpora-List] max sentence legnths

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Sat Jul 19 13:03:21 UTC 2008

I agree. A grammatical sentence can be of unlimited length. Classical Sanskrit prose works (eg Baana's Harshacharita, c. 7th C AD) often use innumerable case-related clause elements (appositional nominatives; ablative absolutes; instrumentals, datives, locatives, in various functions etc) in lengthy descriptions, which grammatically constitute a single sentence, and run over several pages.
Best
Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Lecturer in English Studies, School of Languages and Social Sciences,
Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121-204-3812 ; Fax: +44 (0)121-204-3766 [Room NX08, 10th
Floor, North Wing of Main Building]
http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/school/staff/krishnamurthyr.jsp
Director, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network project): http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/