[Corpora-List] software tool for reference resolution

Joel Tetreault tetreaul at cs.rochester.edu
Mon Jul 21 19:56:22 UTC 2008

Hi Kevin, you're right - years ago I implemented two Centering
algorithms (BFP and LRC) as well as Michael Strube's S-List algorithm.
They worked on Penn-Treebank style parses.  Details can be found here:

A Corpus-Based Evaluation of Centering and Pronoun Resolution.
Computational Linguistics. 27(4): p.507-520.

To the original poster/others: if you're interested, I can help you out
with code, though all these were written in LISP ten years ago.  My
feeling is that with the advances made in freely available parsers and NER
systems, as well as how straightforward many of the above algorithms are,
it's probably faster to code up one's own implementation of Centering.

Joel