[Corpora-List] Job: NLP Software Engineer (Cambridge, MA; USA)

David Murgatroyd dmurga at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 18:39:12 UTC 2008

Basis Technology has an opening for an experienced Software Engineer with Natural Language Processing expertise to work in our Development group. In this position, you will join leaders in text analysis to build and enhance linguistic capabilities of our products for document analysis and entity processing.

This is a full-time position and is available immediately. We are located in Cambridge, MA (near the Alewife T stop). The Company offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.

Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
-  Design, train, and evaluate statistical models for text analysis using large corpora
-  Implement production-quality Java and C/C++ following principles of software engineering
-  Collaborate with an Agile team to both research new ideas and to develop them into products

Qualifications:
-  MS or BS in relevant subject area (e.g., Computer Science)
-  2-5 years programming experience in Java or C/C++ or similar object-oriented language
-  2-5 years experience with NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning
-  Knowledge of Python, Perl, Ruby or a similar language
-  Speaking, reading and writing ability in languages other than English is a plus, especially Asian or Middle Eastern languages
-  Able and willing to absorb new information quickly and switch gears easily
-  Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations

Please send resumes and inquiries to jobs-eng-2008 at basistech.com with "NLP Software Engineer" in the subject line. No agency submissions please.
Application Deadline:  Open until filled