[Corpora-List] What is best for text processing Perl of Python?

Bill_Lang(Gmail) billlangjun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:56:44 UTC 2008

I suggest Python.
You can refer the following book:
Text Processing in Python
http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/

And there is a famous toolbox named as NLTK which is implemented in Python.
http://nltk.sourceforge.net/

If you want to learn more, you can visit the biggest python depository
http://www.python.org/

Through my experience, Python is more readable and maintainable than Perl.
Many companies are using python for inner processing.

Best wishes;
Jun Lang

2008/3/4, True Friend <true.friend2004 at gmail.com>:

> I am wondering what language to learn for text processing. I've found
> scripting languages too easy for simple but teasing tasks in corpus text
> processing. Plz suggest me what language I should learn Perl or Python.
> Regards
>
> --
> محمد شاکر عزیز

Best wishes;