[Corpora-List] What is best for text processing Perl of Python?

Marc Carmen marc.carmen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 16:57:47 UTC 2008

If you are looking for .Net/Mono and Python you might want to look into Iron Python ( <http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython> http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython)

“IronPython is a new implementation of the Python programming language running on .NET. It supports an interactive console with fully dynamic compilation. It is well integrated with the rest of the .NET Framework and makes all .NET libraries easily available to Python programmers, while maintaining full compatibility with the Python language.”

I haven’t tried this but it should allow .Net interaction and the ability to use the already existing NLTK (http://nltk.sourceforge.net/)  NLTK has a lot of modules already created that may prevent you from reinventing the wheel.

--

Thanks

Marc Carmen

marc.carmen at gmail.com