[Corpora-List] What is best for text processing Perl of Python?

Brett Powley bpowley at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 22:03:19 UTC 2008

On 05/03/2008, at 12:38 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> Groovy, which is built on top of Java, you get flexibility of
> scripting language, but at the same time access to libraries written
> in Java (e.g. Stanford parsers). In the same way, JPython might be an
> interesting consideration.

I use Python as my main programming language, and JPype for access to
Java libraries.  It allows you to call Java directly from Python, and
is handy for using Java stuff such as the aforementioned Stanford
parsers.

It's also pretty easy to write a wrapper to call C or C++ from Python
to use things like the Charniak or Link parsers.

Cheers,
Brett Powley

Brett Powley -- Research Fellow - PhD Candidate
Centre for Language Technology, Macquarie University,  Australia
p: +61-402-013050    e: bpowley at ics.mq.edu.au
w: http://www.ics.mq.edu.au/~bpowley
faciendi plures libros nullus est finis
frequensque meditatio carnis adflictio est