[Corpora-List] Mark-up of corpus

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 07:11:33 UTC 2008

Su Qi,

several corpus researchers at Leeds have had success with the Systemic Coder
http://www.wagsoft.com/Coder/

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Su Qi Apple wrote:

Dear All

I have a corpus of spoken English and I want to annotate it by using structural mark up (e.g. marking each conversations, participants, when turns begin and end etc.)

Can anyone give me an advice on if there is a standard system to use and also if there is a software available to help me with this.  Or will I have to do it manually?

Thank you! in advance for your expert advice.

Cheers

Apple Su Qi

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
The World's Favourite Email http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

--
Eric Atwell,
  Senior Lecturer, Language research group leader, School of Computing,