[Corpora-List] corpus annotation tool

Sabine Bartsch bartsch at linglit.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 25 13:03:35 UTC 2008

Hi Madiha,

I would recommend you have a look at Mick O'Donnell's UAM Corpus Tool

http://www.wagsoft.com/CorpusTool/

It is a bespoke annotation tool which helps you develop your own
annotation schemes and manage your corpora, and is suitable for
multilayer annotation.

Another tool I am finding very useful is Exmaralda (Extensible Markup
Language for Discourse Annotation):

http://www.exmaralda.org/en_index.html

Hope this helps,

Sabine

Madiha Ijaz wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there any open source unicode based (utf-8 or utf-16) corpus
> annotation tool available for manual tagging?
> the tool is to be used to annotate Urdu corpus (POS tagging and
> syntactic bracketing).
>
> i have used Sanchay and now want to explore other tools if they are
> available.
>
> regrads
> Madiha

Technische Universität Darmstadt
Department of Linguistics and Literary Studies, English Linguistics
Hochschulstrasse 1        64289 Darmstadt
fon +49-6151-16 4570      fax +49-6151-16 3694
http://www.linglit.tu-darmstadt.de/bartsch/