[Corpora-List] FW: Gender differences in language

Terry tmorpheme at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:52:55 UTC 2008

Gender differences are social constructs? I too used to subscribe to this
view, at least in intellectual discourse. Nonetheless, there is a large body
of evidence in the field of evolutionary psychology that says gender
differences are rooted in the biological differences between men and women.
Worth taking a look at, even if you remain ideologically unconvinced. David
Buss has written a useful textbook entitled Evolutionary Psychology, which
would be a good place to start.

Terry

  _____