[Corpora-List] FW: Gender differences in language

Terry tmorpheme at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:06:36 UTC 2008

"This may be referring to the case of Nicaraguan Sign Language, which
within a matter of a few years is said to have gone from a pidgin to a
full language (if not a creole in the usual sense--there was no lexifier
language).  There is an article about it in Wikipedia (where else!) that
summarizes some of the issues, together with links and citations:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaraguan_Sign_Language"

My memory of the Pinker book, which I read about a month ago, is that this
was a process that took place with both spoken languages and with sign
languages as well.

Terry